And it has… “Native tethered shooting support for select Nikon and Canon DSLR cameras”… So that may make my script obsolete, at least for those with Lightroom.
March 24th, 2010 · 13 Comments
November 3rd, 2009 · 3 Comments
I do, at least I am able to do when I’m shooting tethered with my CameraControl 4.1 script. Every image goes onto the flash memory card in the camera *and* onto the hard disk of the attached PC.
That matters to me when I’m doing a critical shoot. To me a critical shoot means one of my wife or my kids, capturing moments near to my heart which may never be exactly replicated. Particularly true with a 4 month old baby! It’s amazing how every week he is do different – so no going back and saying “I’ll take that picture again next week”, coz it won’t be the same will it?
May 18th, 2009 · 2 Comments
Particularly interesting is that this is doing standard USB so it matters not what type of camera, software, computer etc you are using.
February 3rd, 2009 · 99 Comments
It is here, it is basic, but it works (somewhat) — Bracketing. Once again I find myself either spending an hour I have available to work on the code, or publishing what I already have working, limited though it may be.
So here we have 4.0 – the Basic Bracketing version.
Expect bugs — that’s why the version is a .0 one! However it should do you for some basic HDR or timelapse uses.
- Only works in P, A or S modes as the bracketing is controlled by adjusting the exposure compensation. I’ll do M mode support later.
October 29th, 2008 · 24 Comments
Update, try the
Camera Control 2.1 instead which fixes some bugs.
Ok so here is DIYPhotobits.com Camera Control 2.0 — the Embarrassment release. I’ve named it that because I’ve had no time to work on it recently and so it still is a) very rough with major holes and b) fails to have all the obvious fixes and enhancements that I have discussed with people.
October 20th, 2008 · 5 Comments
This still isn’t finished but I’m quite happy that I’ve got so far all ready…
Now I can control from the PC which exposure mode the camera is in (M, P, A, S) — but only on the D300, I suppose sensibly it is impossible to control that on the D40 where it is set by a physical dial.
But presuming the mode allows it I can then control aperture and shutter speed easily. ISO, and WB are easy to set — but I can’t tell what the initial settings of the camera are when it is plugged in which is a bit annoying.
October 16th, 2008 · 22 Comments
Update; Now try version 2.
Ok here’s something new — I’ve taken the various little scripts for tethered shooting and remote control and wrapped them up in a nicer interface. This is the first time I’ve tried writing a “hypertext application” or .HTA file and it’s quite an interesting mix of HTML and scripting. I think I can do quite a few interesting things with this. But for now here I have produced:
DOWNLOAD (200K installer)
September 22nd, 2008 · 13 Comments
Since I first posted my free script that allows Nikon DSLRs to be shot tethered I’ve been very pleased with the response, it seems to have been helpful to many people. However I’ve hardly been very good at documenting how to use it. So in an attempt to fix that I’ve made this little video which shows how to use it.
Or view high quality YouTube version
This is my first video attempt so it is pretty basic — but it took me all afternoon to put together, so please excuse the rough edges. Hopefully I’ll work out how to do this better and perhaps make some videos explaining my hardware DIY projects which would also benefit from this type of explanation.
June 18th, 2008 · 1 Comment
Update: This is now obsolete, use instead the DIYPhotobits.com Camera Control 2.1 – Greens
Here’s an update to the Tethered shooting script
— this one customized to work with Bridge for viewing.
Instructions and usage are the same as the original except that if you have Bridge open on the tethered shooting folder — “c:\tethered” by default — then after each new image is added Bridge will advance to that image by pressing [END] to go to the last image in the folder. You need to have sorting set appropriately so the most recent image is the last in the folder.