UPDATE: Download latest here.
You know when you are a kid you have to eat your green vegetables before you are allowed to eat your chips (fries) and all that before you get dessert? It is a sequence in life — first good-but-nasty, then ok stuff, and finally fun things you really want.
Well for programmers the sequence is:
- Fix the bugs (Greens)
- Implement obvious useful but boring features (Chips)
- Add the fantastic new ideas you just had in the shower (Ice Cream)
So welcome to DIYPhotobits.com Camera Control 2.1 – the Greens release!
This fixes inumerable small bugs — nothing earth shattering but some annoying things have been fixed.
- Error on duplicate download of images is fixed
- Default file location is now My Pictures to avoid the issue of the default location not existing
- Exposure Compensation drop down now shows proper stop values
- Shutter, Aperture, ISO, WB and Exposure Comp drop down boxes initiate to the value on the camera intead of meaningless defaults.
- It doesn’t make a temp directory any more
- Battery meter works all the time, not just when tethering
New limitation discovered
- Due to the way WIA is working if you want to be able to control shutter and exposure from the PC you must start up with the camera in M mode. It isn’t good enough to switch to that later after starting up in another mode.
That’s all for now — I’ve already spent most of the day doing this while I should have been working!
Meanwhile I can go back to dreaming about the ice cream — bracketing, time lapse etc…