Happy Lunar New Year to those of you who celebrate it, and welcome to the Year of the Tiger release of DIYPhotobits Camera Control!
DIYPhotobits Camera Control 5.0 – The Tiger Release – gets a new major version number (from 4 to 5) to reflect several important new enhancements, plus a “.0” to show that this is new stuff and not as well tested as I would have liked.
I’ve actually had this code on my disk for a while now but due to various interruptions I have not had time to complete testing or release it before now. And to be honest, I’m actually releasing it here without additional testing because I’m seeing plenty of comments from people who have problems that the new version should fix.
- Fixed the bug where the preview size doesn’t change during a tethered download preview. Thanks to Frank.
- Save the raw vs jpg setting between sessions
- Save preview size between sessions
- Save tethered status between sessions
- Image viewer to view previous shots (jpg only)
- Flagging/selection of files via file renaming so that sort-by-filename will show flagged files
- Display latest jpg when downloading jpg+raw
- Bracketing in manual mode via changing shutter speed
- Change exposure compensation code so that it should work for negative values in Vista
- Post processing command either automatically or via viewer
- Bug fixes to savings settings in registry
- Add more choices to preview size
- Added more help links
Well there you go, I’m sure there will be bugs but I hope the new features will be of use to someone.
When I get some more time (haa haa) I’ll try to put together a tutorial video that shows everything working together as I realize the lack of a manual or explanation makes it hard use.